06 Oct 4 Increased Offers to Boost Your Delta Skymiles Balance
American Express is back with some increased credit card sign-up bonuses on the Delta Gold from American Express and the Delta Platinum from American Express (and the Business Gold and Business Platinum Delta cards as well) and they are absolutely worth your application consideration! According to American Express, these increased offers are available through November 9th. However, according to my Amex Refer-a-friend links you are able to apply and earn the bonus even longer – through February 1, 2017!
Delta Gold from American Express: Earn 50,000 Skymiles after $2,000 spending in the first 3 months following approval, plus a $50 Statement Credit (on a Delta airfare purchase)! This card comes with a $95 annual fee, waived for the first year – public offer expires November 9, 2016.
Pro Tip – A better offer for the Delta Gold card appears when you are booking a Delta flight on their website.
Create a “dummy booking” (a booking that you have no intention of flying or purchasing) on the Delta website in order to prompt the better offer to appear for the Delta Gold by American Express, featuring a $100 statement credit (rather than the public offer of $50)!
Delta Platinum from American Express: Earn 70,000 Skymiles and 10,000 MQMs for $2,000 in spending in the first 3 months as a cardholder, plus a $100 Statement Credit (on a Delta purchase). This card comes with a $195 annual fee– my link expires February 1, 2017
Delta Business Gold from American Express: 50,000 Skymiles after $2,000 spending in the first 3 months following approval, plus a $50 Statement Credit (on a Delta airfare purchase). This card comes with a $95 annual fee, waived for the first year – my link expires February 1, 2017.
Delta Business Platinum from American Express: Earn 70,000 Skymiles and 10,000 MQMs for $2,000 in spending in the first 3 months as a cardholder, plus a $100 Statement Credit (on a Delta purchase). This card comes with a $195 annual fee– public offer expires November 9, 2016.
With the Platinum Personal and Business you also will receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate on your card anniversary, and have the ability to earn 25,000 Skymiles and 10,000 MQMs when you spend $25,000 in a calendar year (up to $50,000).
Why am I so sure that these cards are worth an application?
Exhibit A –
The sign-up bonuses will take you places – Have a travel goal? I am fairly certain that Skymiles can help you achieve it! Just take it from me!
Intrigued by the increased offers but not sure where you want your Skymiles to take you? AYP shows you what you can do!
Exhibit B –
You should not be paying baggage fees – Both cards will earn you a free checked bag on Delta flights! Seriously, aren’t you tired of paying baggage fees yet?
Exhibit C –
You will earn a $50-$100 (Gold) or $100 (Platinum) statement credit with a Delta purchase. What qualifies as a Delta purchase? Really anything processed by Delta – including gift cards purchased directly from Delta to be used on future flights!
Exhibit D –
The cardholder perks –
- If you choose to apply for the Delta Platinum card by Amex, you will receive a Companion Certificate [fly a friend for free!] each year you have the card and have the ability to earn 25,000 Skymiles and 10,000 MQMs when you spend $25,000 in a calendar year (up to $50,000)!
- Both cards provide priority boarding, so you have plenty of time to stow your bags and settle in before your flight.
- Both cards provide the ability to refer friends and family to your card. This can earn Skymiles for them AND you – use my links within this post and I will earn Skymiles if you’re approved!
So…Delta Gold vs. Delta Platinum – Sold on the thought of a Delta Amex card but unsure of which to choose!?
Consider the Platinum if:
- You are trying to earn Elite Status with Delta and need MQMs
- You want Skymiles and you already received a bonus on the Amex Gold (remember American Express card bonuses have a “once per lifetime” rule, though based on my research it this “lifetime” equates to 7 years or so…)
- You can leverage enough value out of the Companion Certificate to offset the $195 fee
Otherwise, stick with the Delta Gold and the lower annual fee!
These cards are worth the application. I am so confident in that statement and the value that these cards provide that I have applied and been approved for 3 out of the 4 cards under similar previous offers!
I am considering another application for my wife… as well as a Delta Business Platinum application for myself to make it 4 for 4!