17 Feb Have You Heard!? 35k Bonus on the SPG American Express Cards!
Great news folks! American Express has brought back the all-time high sign-up bonuses on The Starwood Preferred Guest credit card by American Express and The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express!
An ALL-TIME HIGH!
These cards have just tied its highest sign-up bonus in history at 35,000 Starpoints – which are among the most valuable reward currency in the points and miles world! Make sure to note that the bonus structure is a bit different this time around, as the 35k points are structured in 25k and 10k points based on minimum spending thresholds…
Here are the details on the Personal offer:
- 25,000 bonus Starpoints upon making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Plus 10,000 bonus Starpointsafter you make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
And the Business Offer:
- 25,000 bonus Starpoints upon making $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months
- Plus 10,000 bonus Starpoints after you make an additional $3,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
- Enjoy access to the Sheraton®Club Lounge, free as an SPG Business Card Member
- Upgrade to SPG Gold status after you spend $30,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in a calendar year
Both versions of the card offer:
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases
- As a Card Member, receive credit for 5 nights and 2 stays toward SPG Elite status each year.
- Earn up to 5 Starpoints for every $1 spent at Starwood hotels, 2 Starpoints for every $ spent at Marriott Rewards hotels and 1 Starpoint for every $1 spent anywhere else
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide
- Get free nights at over 1,200 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries with no blackout dates
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
- 35,000 offer expires 4/5/2017 – so ACT NOW!
35,000 Seems like a small number of points…
While 35,000 points may seem on the low end when compared to the crowd favorite 100,000 point bonus on the Chase Sapphire Reserve (available in branch), the value lies in the flexibility of Starpoints. Starpoints can be redeemed directly at SPG Hotels, or they can be transferred to over 30 airline partners – SPG will even tack on an extra 5,000 miles when you make a transfer of 20,000 to an airline partner! Additionally, keep in mind that the SPG and Marriott just merged and reward points can be used at both brands!
I was able to get the sign-up bonus for this card the last time that there was a 35,000 sign-up bonus and used those points for a previous stay at the Le Meridien Chiang Mai in Thailand!
Remember that American Express sign-up bonus offers are only available to first time applicants. If you picked up the 35k bonus on one of these cards the last time this bonus was offered (early 2016), then consider the different version!
For instance, I was approved for the personal version last year, so now I have my sights set on the business version… for both me and my wife. Those 70,000 Starpoints are so close I can taste them!
If you do decide to apply (and you like what we post here on AYP), then consider using a link within this post (like this one!) to earn me an extra 5,000 Starpoints referral bonus!
As always, email me with any questions or comments regarding this card offer or any other questions you might have! If you need some help redeeming Starpoints, then head over to AYP Travel Consulting Services and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org